How You Can Help
CROSS accepts Social Security and SSI for payment in our homes. This does not meet the monthly need for each resident.We need an additional $500 per month per residents to make budget. Legally, we are not able to bill the family for the difference.
We depend on God’s people to meet that need. A one-time gift or a monthly contribution will make a difference.Donate Now
We take prayer seriously and welcome others to pray for us. Each month we develop a prayer calendar that is available and gives something specific to pray for each day – Support us in prayer by signing up for our prayer calendar.Sign Up
A great way for churches to get involved is a paper/product drive. Choose a designated time and collect paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues,) kitchen products such as trash bags, freezer storage bags (quart and gallon), and toiletries (no tears shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, pump hand soap, mouthwash, etc.) View our list of full needs by clicking below.Our Needs
Whether you like to mow grass or spend time with the residents we can find an opportunity for you.
- Send mail to the residents (birthday, Christmas cards, etc) – they love to get mail! We can provide a list of residents with their birthdays and interesting facts about each one.
- From your kitchen, make a casserole for 8-10 and bring to one of our homes. Can be ready to eat or frozen for future use. This provides variety for our residents and a break for the staff.
- When you do your canning for the year, do a few extra quarts for CROSS.
- Occasionally we need volunteer drivers to transport residents to special events such as ball games, horseback riding, etc.
- Buddy for a resident: Some of our residents have very little family involvement and could use a buddy to occasionally pick them up for an outing. A background check and orientation is necessary.
- Volunteer as a family or SS Class – come to a home and have a game night with the residents. They love bingo, Uno, puzzles, and their visitors!
- Christmas Carol at a home.
- Contact CROSS and see if there is a service project that can be done.