Ways to Get Involved and Help CROSS
1. Pray: We take prayer seriously and value our prayer warriors who take us to God on a regular basis. This is a very significant and important way to support CROSS. For a monthly prayer calendar, contact CROSS to be added to the list.
2. Volunteer at a home – (Grace Home – Shippensburg, Griffith House – St. Thomas and Cumberland Vista – Dillsburg). Our residents love visitors and love to make you feel welcome.
a. Mowing Grass
c. Fall or Spring Cleaning
d. Direct Care
e. Help with Outings
f. Help with Special Events
g. Drive Residents
h. Adopt a Resident
j. Vehicle Maintenance
l. Flower Beds
m. Board Member
n. Wash Windows
p. Plowing in Winter
r. Tech Support for Computers
s. Can or Freeze your Extra Produce for CROSS
t. Host a Craft Night for our Residents
u. Organize and host a coffee house for our residents and friends at your church. We will
provide training and guidance to assure a successful evening.
3. Support our events (Walk for Love in July, Banquets in September) – contact Cross for specific dates.
Walk for Love is a fund raiser where individuals sign up to walk for Cross. Each walker gathers financial support via sponsors. We walk for an hour at the Messiah College indoor track. If you do not wish to walk you can be a sponsor.
Friendship banquets are held in two locations each September (Chambersburg and Mechanicsburg) to update and introduce others to the ministry of CROSS. There is no charge for the banquet and it is a great way to introduce others to the ministry of CROSS.
e. Bring others to our events
f. Take pictures
4. Camp: Open to the community for children and adults with physical/and/or intellectual disabilities). Our June camp is for ages 9-mid 20’s who can keep the pace of a five day overnight camp. It is held at Camp Tohiglo in Mercersburg early June (Call for specific dates). Our older camp is for ages 21 and up and held at the Philip Borngiorno Conference Center in Carlisle in August (call for specific dates).
a. Teach a Bible class
5. Organize a paper drive – paper towels, toilet paper, etc
6. Organize a personal hygiene drive – shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brush, etc.
7. Donate – money
8. Donate – gifts in kinds
9. Did I mention Pray?
10. Be creative and come up with something else!
CROSS, Inc. 712 Pinola Rd, Shippensburg, Pa. 17257 530-1788
Cumberland Vista – 1073 York Rd. Dillsburg, Pa. 17019 432-2822